Things have really changed around here. We go to bed at 9, only to wake up at midnight, then again at 3 and 6. 50% of my scarves have turned in to burp cloths. I wear top knots daily (good thing they are in style). I can change a diaper in 6 seconds flat. I smell like spit-up and Chanel No. 5. Jon spends less time doing his hair. Ok, never mind, that was a lie. My boobs leak when Sloane cries. Like, a lot. We can't stop staring at her. Babies are like sharks, they smell fear. I have discovered that Teen Mom is actually pretty accurate, and little things still produce very large poops and loud toots. And, I wore way more heels when I was pregnant.
So I would not call myself a seasoned mom by any means, but I have learned a thing or two so far. Here are some tips for you mom-to-be's.
1) Always change your baby's diaper on something waterproof. (and something other than your lap). I learned this the hard way. (Jon ran in to Buy Buy Baby to return something so I decided to change Sloane's diaper in the back seat. On my lap. I had diaper 1 off. Then when I started to open the fresh diaper she started peeing. All over me.) It is really strange feeling like you peed your pants... with someone else's pee.
2) Invest in Nipple Shields. Holy cow these are life savers. They go over your nips and protect them from chapping, bleeding and looking like hooks. No joke.
3) Let Daddy help. Don't act like you know what to do any more than he does. You have no idea what you are doing either...
4) Enjoy every second of their sweetness, because they are usually followed by not so sweetness. Like just now, I was holding Sloane over my shoulder and crying while watching a birth on Baby Story (yes, still watching Baby Story). As soon as I said "Thank you Jesus for this sweet baby". She spewed all over me. Yep.
5) The Boppy pillow. Get one. Thanks Peg!
6) You can never have enough burp cloths. I prefer to use cloth diapers for this, nothing else is thick enough.
7) Make time to take a shower & put on makeup. Your baby and husband love you, but remind them why.
8) It's true, your social life is over. Yes, you can have your mom watch the babe, but while you are gone, all you will think about and talk about is the baby. Have people over to your house as much as possible.
9) The Mamaroo bouncer kind of sucks. It is really cool looking, but is wayyy too slow. An old school swing is the only way to go. Save your $250...
10) Don't wake a sleeping baby no matter how much your Grandparents want "to see her eyes".
More tips to come. In the mean time, here are some pictures describing the past 6 weeks...
| Whitney & Diaz |
| Tara & Kayla |
| Uncle Jerry |
| Tory & Bobby |
| Aunt Lisa & Cousin Bryn |
| Aunt Kara |
| Sloane & Cousin Stella on Christmas |
| Grant & Miranda |
| Muffin on NYE |
| Jon thinks he's funny... |
| Sloane's 1 month Birthday party with her Aunties! (most of them) |
You dont know me at all... stalkerish I know. Promis I am normal. But I have two friends from Dallas who introduced me to your blog. It is the highlight of my blog reading! Thank you for being real about motherhood. It is hilarious and shows me what I am in for.
ReplyDelete