Thursday, March 15, 2012

motherhood

It has been awhile so let me get you up to date on what has been going on...

Sloane is a little over 3 months old!  This is totally bittersweet.  I am super excited for her to start crawling and talking (and fitting in to crewcuts and reva flats) but at the same time I am SO sad to see her grow.  The other terrible fact is that it has been over 3 months since I have given birth....which means I have zero excuses to be fat and not phat.  Boo.

She is sleeping through the night now.  Phew.  If you ever want to test your relationship, invite a baby over who isn't sleeping through the night.  Jon has been really great, but sometimes he does the whole "I am going to lay here and pretend I am completely deaf".  No scratch that, he does the "I am channeling Helen Keller".  I know he has to work but COME ON!  I am so effing tired!  Anyway, we are past that.  Other moms always say "Did you totally freak out when you didn't hear her all night?!".  Um, nope.  I was passed the eff out. 

Kelley Kapowski did have a little scare the first night she was in her crib (no more bassinet).  We woke up at about 7 and Sloane was still asleep.  Kelley went over to her bassinet and noticed she was gone, then sprinted down the hallway sniffing, ran into her room and started barking at the crib like "hey guys! I found her! She is in here!".  So sweet, and SO ANNOYING! 

I have also stopped breast feeding. AH!  I feel like every time I say that phrase "stopped breast feeding", a light from heaven shines down on me and Angels sing.  OMG.  It was fun while it lasted!  Ha!  Sloane is doing well with formula and I have no regrets.  I am however going to need a boob job.  Holy flapjacks.  I'm going to be spitting out a few more kids and scheduling that ASAP.  A sure downside to boob juicing.

I have been staying home/shopping everyday with Sherry.  It is nearly impossible to shop with a stroller unless you have help.  And, PS, doesn't Anthropologie know that they make a shit ton of mommy clothes?  Make room for strollers!  I am also doing a little design on the side.  AND working on the proposal website.  (The Proposal is Sherry's event planning business).  On top of all of that we still try to make time for friends. 

When Jon and I got married we made it a point to continue to go out and squash any stereotype that once you get hitched your social life gets ditched.  Well, we are trying to do the same about becoming parents.  We take Sloane out to dinner at least twice a week and go out on our own as much as possible.  The first time we went out alone my parents watched muffin (Sloanie).  It was a lot of fun...Chimy's, FTW, good friends, and a town car.  There was, though, a little rough patch in the night.  I was still boob juicing at the time and forgot to pump before I left.  I wasn't in pain because I was drinking a Lexus marg, but something else was going on.  Niagara falls of milk.  I freaked and interrupted Whitney (mid-nacho) and made her come with me to the ladies.  I had leaked through my pads, bra, and camisole.  It hadn't made it through my shirt yet.  OHMYGOSH.  EFF!  I had to hand-express, ok squirt, excess into the toilet.  How. Classy.   Boo and Whitney were blown away.  Boo how did you get in there?

I am actually leaving my sweet baby for the first time overnight next weekend.  It is Kappa Moms trip 2012 to Santa Fe.  I am going to have to be wasted the whole time to avoid crying the whole time.  Wah.  I know she will be in good hands, Jon is an amazing papa.  He is my heart.  Gag, ok.

Here are some pics and vids for shits and gigs.  The last one is SCP playing the piano, hilarious.  Until next time....peace out.









No comments:

Post a Comment