Monday, April 2, 2012

Santa Fe

Last weekend I spent my first nights away from my baby. I missed her SO much, but we had a lot of fun.  We went to Santa Fe for our annual moms trip.  (A few of my sorostitute sisters and their moms).  I had never been to the land of turquoise so I was excited to spend money and eat green chili's.

A little background.  Pre-trip Sherry lost a tooth.  Um, yea, you read that correctly.  She had a fake tooth (the one next to her big tooth, just like in the Hangover) that had recently become loose... well, it fell out days before our trip.  She had to wear a tooth retainer which then gave her an uncomfortable sounding lisp (think fat tongue sound).  AND, she had to remove it when she ate.  I actually felt really sorry for her.  Ha ha.

So beyond the tooth thing my mom has severe flight anxiety.  She doesn't mind the "flying", it's her claustrophobia that gets her.  I have never flown alone with my mom, my dad is always there to deal with this hurdle.  Not this time.  I do early bird check in so that we have "A" group.  Sherry insists on sitting as close to the front as possible, but she won't get on until basically the doors are closing.  So that leaves me to get on first, save her ass a seat and turn everyone down that asks to sit there, until she sprints on as they close the doors.  Cool. 

She does have medicine for this.  She doesn't take it often.  In fact the last time she took it we were in Disney world a few years ago for Nationals (Jake's soccer).  We had to get on the elevated tram to take us in to Magic Kingdom.  There were like 20 enclosed cars (very claustrophobic) and there were tons of foreigners that have no concept of personal space.  We thought she was going to faint so she took her meds.  When we got in to Disney she was feeling good.  So good that one of her flip flops broke so she took her shoes off and proceeded to walk around bare foot!  In Disney World!!  We were all mortified.  I think we ended up buying her $50 reef flips with mouse ears on them. Ew. Ew. Ew.

Ok back to the Fe.  We narrowly survived the flight. Somehow we managed to save all 10 seats, Sherry got to sit close and actually passed out for most of it.  Phew.  When we got to Albuquerque our limo driver was waiting with a Name Sign.  So VIP.  Duh.  We piled in a very cool party bus and headed to SF, making a couple stops....Santa Fe Outlet Mall for Erin to get tennis shoes at the Nike Outlet (in order to Mom walk in the am), then to the liquor store (to get Sherry Tito's and everyone else wine).  Side note--Sherry doesn't even really drink, but someone introduced her to Sweet Tea & Tito's so that is all she drinks (aside from Margs and Pinot Grigio ((SO RAMONA!)).

We had lunch at an awesome little pizza place and shopped around.  I bought Sloane a baby turquoise and silver cuff, and Sherry bought a badass turq ring from the "artisits".  We landed at the Shed for HH and stayed there WAY too long.  Awesome swirl margs though.  This night ended with us having to eat at a bar, Alli and Boo dancing like sluttys with the DJ, and the moms sharing their rosters.  Yes, Marilyn slept with Ronnie.  OMG.

Saturday was more shopping.  We found a cute little store called Cupcake that we practically rented out.  I think between the 10 of us we bought at least one of everything.  For dinner we went to the Pink Adobe.  SO GOOD.  We drank too much wine and told too many stories.  The Piano Bar at Vanessies was next.  I swear we were the youngest in there by 30 years.  This was followed by a game of charades where our moms had to act out the likes of "Cocktail" and "Debbie Does Dallas".  So worthy.

All the while my sweet husband and sweet baby were weekending without the mama.  Jon managed just fine...actually better than fine.  I got picture updates every few hours and SCP was always wearing a bow and a smile.  He worked in two patio lunches, 2 walks, a home tour, and a birthday party.  He even dressed her up on Sunday in Baylor colors for the basketball tourny (Sloane has 2 Baylor uncles and a Baylor aunt).  So proud of Jon.  He really is the best dad ever.

Here are some pics...












No comments:

Post a Comment