That's because it has been exactly FIVE months since I have blogged. I can't believe it! Five crucial months of Sloane's growth. I started this blog so I could document my life as we raise our first princess. Now, I have to go from 4 to 9 months in one post. Not really, but I will tell you a little about what I have been doing, and what I have on my to do list...
Sloane has had her first pedicure, airplane ride & beach trip. She can almost stand on her own, is obviously crawling everywhere, can say mama and baba, has 7 teeth (they are all spaced out which totally freaks me out...hello brace face), hates sleeping in her crib, loves animals, loves the outdoors (is this even my child?), has a serious attitude (oh yea, she is), loves to eat real food and hates getting her diaper changed. She is my pride and joy. I'm completely enamored. I had no clue you could love your child even more than the day you sqeezed them out. Well, you can.
I, on the other hand, have had many sleepless nights, a mommy bunko night with literally 11 skinny bitches, exactly 2 days of sun at the beach (because babies don't like being hot and all I like to do is slather on baby oil and fry like bacon for 7 days straight), actually, 2 days of sun all summer (I am whiter than I was when I was pregnant), a 90s slumber party, a Cinco de Mayo fiesta, a high school reunion, several weddings, a few Ranger games, a housewarming party, a going away party, Restaurant Week, about a million birthday parties, and Sloane has been along for the ride every step of the way. We drag her just about everywhere, and she usually doesn't mind.
So, thats what we have been doing. I can't go in to much more detail without completely frying my brain. It is so loaded with to do lists that if I think back too far it might just stop working. Again.
The fall for us is jam ass packed. Which means, hopefully, a lot of good stuff to blog about. I'm elbow deep in planning Sloane's first Birthday party. I know, I'm crazy, but it's only 3 months away!! I've narrowed it down to two ideas. The calligrapher just cancelled on me, so I'm not sure what to do now. More on her party later...We have a shower, a wedding, or a football game every weekend until mid November. I have already started my Christmas shopping. Sloane has her 9month pictures next week and I have been uber busy planning for that. We have 5 shots...
1) A pink burberry frock for a "sweet, girly" look
2) A navy handmade ikat dress with a floral halo headband for a "boho" look
3) A tan colored pettiromper for a "vintage glam" look
4) A black tutu and cat ears for her halloween picture
5) undecided (UGH!)
((I am sending out Halloween cards so both of you who read this blog (Patty and Whitney) will recieve one.))
Ok, sorry this post was lame. Consider it the Prologue to the fall.
XO,
sara
Why buy from a locksmith?
9 years ago
yay!!! youre baaaack
ReplyDelete