I can't think of anything else I need (except a personal trainer). I have a bad habit of buying things if I want them. Eek. I do have a running Christmas list that I made in like 2007, but they are all dream items (i.e. LV Luggage, men's gold rolex, etc). I will gladly accept any item from the list, but I am not sure this is the year. I still need to get Sloane her baby David Yurman bracelet...her birthstone will be turquoise, so.perfect.
I am completely finished with my Christmas shopping. Like completely. Our tree is up and presents wrapped. It is officially Christmas around here (and has been for about a week, sorry for partyin). Jon got the majority of the lights up this weekend. I usually do most of this (partially because I am super impatient and a complete control freak, but also because our first 3 years of marriage Jon was studying for law finals and I was bored), but this year I am a little, knocked up...OK, a lot knocked up. I can't bend over and have zero bladder control. No bueno.
Now, get ready for TMI...Last week I had my 36 week check up (from now on I go weekly and best of all...NO MORE BED REST). She told me I am 85% effaced and 2cm dilated. She thinks I will have her within the next few weeks (before I am actually due). This excites me! It is not common for first time moms to efface or even dilate before actual labor starts. I am not sure what this says about me? I'm walking around open-ish? Does that make me slutty?
I guess now we are officially in waiting mode. During this time we have to get as much fun in as we can....so I am told. I have a lot of "fun" items for our to do list. (I am a compulsive list maker).
- Go see "A Christmas Carol" at the Dallas Theater Center (tradition since hs)
- Buy our real tree (we put the fake one in the front living room window and a real one in the family room...compromise).
- Get a couple angels off of the Salvation Army tree (Jon is definitely coming with me to pick them out this year. Last year I was at NP and stopped to pick up a few. I saw one named Ernie, that wanted a brush and hair dryer and I was like WHAT? OMG, this poor kid! And another (named Betty) that wanted a coffee maker...I started crying and a lady came up to see if I was ok (I was in the middle of the effing mall. Crying.) I told her I would take these two sweet kids and buy their needs and throw in some toys too....she looked at me and said "Ma'am these are elderly people you have selected" Oh. Oops. No wonder their names are Ernie and Betty. Made wayyyy more sense. I had no idea there were old people on the tree! Made me even more sad. So I kept them.)
- Hang out with our friends, sans Sloane. We will get to do this after she is born, but she will always be there...so without her we must get drunk, smoke, cuss, fornicate and listen to bad music. OK, we never do
anymost of that.
We woke up early on Friday morning and got bagels. Yum. Then we hit the sales. Since we (literally) had nothing to get, it was really fun. We got to people watch a little bit at Northpark....it was super weird being there at 8am and it being so crowded. I honestly don't know what people were even buying. At the end of the day we had been to literally Northpark, 3 Targets, Walmart (ew), Best Buy, Galleria, Micro Center (double ew), and purchased zilch. Nothing. The grown up camera we wanted wasn't on sale anywhere so at the end of all of this we went to Target (again) and bought it. Not on sale. On Black Friday. We are freaks. But we love it! My parents bought Jon a video camera for his birthday so we are officially baby ready.
I will keep you posted on my progress, I have my next appointment Friday...and will post Sloane's nursery later this week. I know you are all dying to see it. Right?
No comments:
Post a Comment