Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The waiting is the hardest part.

Every night I sit really still on the couch and hope for contractions.  This is NOT working.  I know my due date is technically 3 weeks away, but I am SO ready to dispense this baby child.  Maybe I should swallow a quarter?  AH!  Just joking, Jon.

I am REALLY ready.  I can no longer wear my rings so I look like an un-wed women and can hardly use Jon's credit card anywhere.  I shave my legs everyday in anticipation of labor and frankly I am sick of doing it!  It isn't easy to do with a watermelon stomach.  I must keep this up though, the one day I have prickly legs is the day it will happen.  I am now starting to fix my hair everyday too....as opposed to ponytails and dry shampoo.  I got my robe monogrammed so I won't look so schleppy in a hospital bed.  (Side note--I had to buy elephant size pajamas that would button over my belly. not. fun. at. all.)  My skin is bunk.  I can hardly fit into anything decent looking.  My canks are back in action and nothing sounds really good to eat.  I am done.  Officially done.  COME ON SLOANE!

I finished my hospital bag.  It is super annoying having to get my hairdryer and clarisonic skin brush out of it everyday.  But now is NOT the time to skimp on the beauty regimen.  Anything to distract from the double chin.  I still need to go get a few airplane bottles of whiskey for Jon.  He will be much more relaxed and less nervy.  The last thing we want to do is fight in front of the hospital staff, I heard they can take the baby away.  OMGpleaseno!  Here is a pic of our hospital bags ready to go!  Can you believe I packed so light?? (the robe doesnt fit).
PS this is taken in Sloane's room....sneak peak.
I would be much more satisfied if they (and I) looked like this...
Minus the pink ones (ew).
Tomorrow I am going to dinner with some girlfriends.  Maybe my water will break at St. Anns...

No comments:

Post a Comment