Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I have so much to catch you up on...

We will start with my baby shower.  It was SO nice.  My friends are amazing and went above and beyond.  It was at Tara's house.  I got there late because Sherry and I had drybar appointments that ran over.  So rude, right?  Ugh, I know.  So, since I have been on bed rest, I haven't been able to shop for a new outfit.  If you know me, at all, you know that if I have a party/event/lunch date I (at least) get a new top.  Well, this didn't happen.  I ended up wearing my uniform...leggings, tank & blazer.  Everyone else looked fab (as I would expect).  My SIL even drove in from Lubbock...with Sloane's first pair of Weitzman's (thanks Kara!) and my other (future) SIL sent a precious Burberry onesie (thanks Leah!).  We noshed on chicken salad sandwiches, pasta, fruit and cupcakes.  I got tons of great gifts, my friends rock.  Sherry pulled through on the diaper bag.  YES!  It was lovely, and just what the doctor ordered.  Here are some pictures...

My pretty besties, the hostesses.
Pregs!  Elaine is due in a few weeks!
This is just to prove my friends are snobs too...and have impeccable taste in handbags.
 Sunday Jon had to work most of the day, but we blocked out a few hours to do some partners card Christmas shopping.  We started at Highland Park Village.  We lunched at Celebrity.  Jon let me get out of the car and sit on the patio there (he is so studly when he acts like a rule breaker).  Anyway, afterwards my ass got back in the car while Jon went in to Tory Burch.  I can't tell you what we were buying because that would spoil Christmas, but here is our conversation when Jon returned after 15 minutes of shopping. 
Me:  Did you get it?
Jon:  I really like that store.
Me:  I know babe, you have said that before.  Did you get it or is something in that bag for me?
Jon:  You know that girl Olivia from the Hills New York?
Me:  Um, it's called the City and yes, Olivia Palermo.  What about her.
Jon:  (while smiling) The girl that helped me looked just like her. 
Me:  Really babe?  Cool story.
*Silence*
Jon:  They are so helpful in there.
*Silence*
Jon:  Yes I got it. 

So, we went a few more places (I sat in the car).  The last destination was Cotton Island.  Once again, I can't tell you what was purchased, but here is our convo after Jon returned to the car...
Me:  Did they have them?
Jon:  Yes, but I had to order them...they still let me use the partners card.
Me:  Did you have trouble finding them?
Jon:  Well, when I walked in, I tried to find them myself so I wandered around the store for a few minutes.  When I couldn't find them, I went to the front desk and asked the two girls if they could help me.  They said, "We were wondering when you were going to ask!".  Haha I guess I looked lost.
Me:  Yea, right.  I don't think the likes of you shop in there very often.
Jon:  They were also really helpful.
Me:  Ugh.

I can't wait to be off bed rest.

Yesterday I had my appointment with the specialist.  Everything looks good.  Sloane is perfect....SO, I don't have to go back!  He said that I am showing no signs of going in to labor, so there isn't anything to worry about.  After 36 weeks I can resume normal activity.  Yes.  This is what my doctor said too, but it feels good to hear and see that my cervix is bueno.

This week I am prepping for the weekend.  Kara and I are throwing a sip 'n see Saturday at my house for Lisa and our new niece Bryn.  I am also doing Abby's makeup for homecoming, and we are going to try and wrap up the nursery decor.  Another busy weekend for bed rest Betty...

No comments:

Post a Comment