Monday, October 24, 2011

This week in pictures.

Don't get too excited, I am not in any of them.  I am trying to avoid documenting my pregnant ass, and the fattest time of my life.

First of all, let me apologize for being a total slacker and not blogging in over a week.  So. Rude.  (I actually started this post this morning, but my day took a turn for the worst, more on that later).  I have said it before, but I have really been busy.  Even on bed rest my life doesn't stop.  My doctor told me to "be boring".  That is not possible.  Although I am bored sitting here by my lonesome, I keep it fairly interesting making lists and lists....you know, dream Christmas lists for me and Sloane, nursery items lists, grocery lists, Jon to do lists, partners card shopping lists/game plan.  I am trying to map out (by time) where Jon needs to go and what he needs to buy.  It is going to be a very interesting weekend.

So where should I begin.  Maybe with my day long hospital visit today?  Yes, this is why the blog is so late the be posted.  No, I have to go day by day or I won't remember a damn thing.  (I am afraid this is going to be another short novel so you will have to read some now and some later/never)....

I believe where we left of was Luke & Leah's shower a few Saturdays ago.  I have no pictures, but I sat in my stilettos all night.  I tried to explain to them my situation and that I wasn't being a total beotch.  I think they understood, to my face anyway.  Everyone seemed to have a really good time.  It was a success!!!

Last Monday was my appointment with the specialist.  My cervix was unchanged, still 15mm and 75% effaced.  This was wonderful news.  Jon did the whole "I told ya so" thing afterwards, but he was totally shaking in his boots before the appointment.  My orders were to continue bed rest, la di freakin da.  I told myself I was not going to upload sonogram pics because I think they are gross and creepy.  BUT, I have to show you the video of baby cakes hiccuping.  I watch it everyday....

Ok, so Tuesday was great.  My maid came and we had workers here putting in new closet doors.  Keeping my maid was one of the positives that came with my "bed rest" sentence.  Since I had just quit my job, Jon and I agreed (slash Jon said) that we should get rid of our maid since I can handle the cleaning.  Not so fast!  Bed rest = no cleaning.  Score!  Our closet doors were accordion ghetto rigged pieces of shiz.  We rewarded ourselves with fabulous new ones.  They rock...I would never have guessed how much fully operable doors would change your life.  It's the little things...
Tuesday night Whitney and Parnell brought us dinner from 1st and 10.  It was delish.  I wouldn't be lying if I said Whit ordered a 2 box-er.  Lots of fried food, and lots of gigs.  Whitney got to tear the link off the chain....totally monumental.  Parnell read Allure in the leather chair and found options for Sloane's middle name.  Somehow, someway the name Frances was mentioned.  I liked it...Sloane Frances Platt.  I texted my mom this option to see what she thought.  Later she responded and said it was too masculine, something about it being the formal name for Frank.  I have no idea if this is actually true, but it sounded true-ish.  So my response was, but it was Baby's name in DD (DD = dirty dancing, which = my favorite movie of all time--true story....when I was little, 3 or 4, I got in trouble at my preschool for asking one of the boys to take his shirt off and dance with me like Johnny...oh, and I told him to call me Baby).  Anyway, I didn't get another response and went to bed.  When I woke up to pee at 3am I looked at my phone and Sherry had responded..."She was Jewish".  OMG.  She was right.  And now that I was thinking about it, they all were.  DUH!  It was Kellermans...her last name was Houseman!  Not that it matters that she was Jewish, but it makes it harder for me to relate/resemble her.  I was crushed...but managed to fall back asleep.

Wednesday I woke up to an email from Whitney saying that Sloane Frances Platt would be great because its SFP which is also "Sorry for Partyin".  Haha.  As much as I love this, I hate this.  Needless to say, we are still middle nameless.  Anydiddle, Jon's mom Kathy, step-dad Wally and grandma Stella came over for an early bday dinner.  Yum and yay.

Thursday was Jonny's birthday.  28.  Wow.  I remember when he turned 14.  In 1997.  We weren't dating, but we were about to be.  He asked me out the weekend after his bday at my Halloween party.  He wore an FBI shirt (not female body inspector), polo boots and a red camo bucket hat.  I loved him then, yes already, and I love him even more now.  I couldn't do much from the couch, but I sent him Tiff's Treats and ice cream.  We had a few of his friends over for some rangers fare and Game II of the World Series.  It was fun.  Here he is below blowing out the candles...we tried to get creative on the candles, spelling "daddy"...not.successful.

Friday my parents came over to do Jon's birthday.  Jake was in town because of the WS game.  The bad news was that everyone had already torn a link off the chain.  It was late and we were desperate not to reuse someone....basically, Kelley Kapowski Platt had to tear a link.   Here is a pic of Jake and Jon helping her do the honors...

Saturday I got to meet my new niece/Sloane's best friend, Bryn Nicole Silverthorn.  That's right!  Lisa had her baby!  She was born Friday night and Jon let me take a field trip to the hospital Saturday morning to meet her.  She is beautiful and squishy and I love her.  It was really weird holding a newborn.  I have done it lots before, it was just strange to think that very soon it will be me in that hospital bed holding my babe.  Total almond joy...you know, because they have nuts.  I must add that Lisa looked ridiculous.  I was so happy to see that you can look perfect right after having a baby.  Kara and John were in town to meet Bryn and came by later that afternoon to hang out.  Kara made me some banana bread (per my request) and it was just what the doctor ordered.  I would much rather eat fruit in the form of bread...wouldn't you?  There are like 6 bananas in a loaf.  So. Healthy.  Here is a pic of little Bryn and Lisa's fresh mani... :)

Sunday.  So in the paper there is this little comic called "Love Is".  My mom has been tearing them out for her and my dad for years.  They kind of look like my parents *when Danny had black hair*.  Well, when I was in about 9th grade she started tearing out the ones that applied to me and Jonny....they look like us too.  I loved them because for some reason they always applied to changes in our life.  Well, my mom still pulls them out for me.  A few months ago Jon got glasses.  He really needed them because he couldn't see jack shit.  Literally, he would not be able to see Jack take a poo...whoever Jack is.  Anyway, the Sunday after Jon got glasses, this was in the paper....

I think I teared up a little bit.  This cartoon has been following my love life for over 10 years.  Well, want to see what this Sundays was?

OMG.  I started crying.  And I think Macho Platt had watery eye syndrome too.  We have come full circle.  It was a really weird feeling.  A happy one.  God works in crazy ways.  One of those was meeting my soul mate in 7th grade. 

Ok, so Sunday started out pretty good.  Jon did some work and I laid on the couch.  It wasn't until Sunday when shit hit the fizz-an.  So, my brothers, dad and Jon were going to the Ranger game.  Jon didn't want me  home alone for 10 hours so he drove me to my moms to sit on her couch.  After the guys left, Sherry and I were helping Abby with a Chemistry project.  Oh, wait.  Did you just have to read that last line twice?  You read it right the first time.  Sherry and I were helping Abby with Chemistry.  It involved making a t-shirt, that is all I will say.  Anyway, we left to go get dinner.  I wore my booties with a 3" heel over to the parentals.  If you think I was going to actually get to leave the house and not wear heels, you are nuts.  I wore them.  When we ran to get din, I didn't feel like wearing the boots, so I pulled a Britney and went bare-foot.  Well, with socks.  Long story short, when we returned I was stepping out the car and slipped.  I smacked right down on the garage floor.  Right on my ass.  I didn't scream or even make a peep.  It was my mom and Abby who screamed bloody murder.  I am talking, the Japs are bombing us, we are all going to die, screams.  Abby wanted to call 911, mom was screaming "Are you ok? Are you ok? Are you in labor? Should we go to the hospital?!".  I just kind of sat there.  I think in the first seconds I forgot I was pregnant and was so freaked out by their response to the fall that I was speechless.  If I had not been pregnant they would have laughed at me.  When I hit the ground I peed (joys of pregnancy).  Not alot, but I guess it jarred little Sloane into my bladder.  At first I thought it was my water breaking and I started to panic.  I got up and ran inside to the bathroom.   I finished peeing and I actually felt fine.  Abby and my mom were crying.  It was alot to handle.  I said I was ok and went to lay on the couch.  I should not have ridden with them to pick up food.  We just weren't even thinking about it.  After chugging a Sprite, babes was kicking me so I thought everything was fine and stopped worrying.  I decided to call my doc in the am and take it easy until then.  PS, here is a picture of the guys at the game.  Haha....

That brings us to today.  As Joey would say, "Whoa".  I called my doctor this morning and they were mad that I hadn't called the night before.  I had to go in and get observed in triage. Again.  This freaked me out.  The concern was not that the baby was hurt, but that the placenta could have been pulled/disconnected from her.  OMG, I hadn't even thought of this!  We got all checked in.  The lady at check-in remembered us.  Probably because I have a hot husband (who is constantly on his blackberry), a memorable watch, and a noticeable dimple *in my cheek, not my ass.  Anyway, they hooked up the monitors and we waited.  And waited.  The nurse called and talked to my doctor who ordered a sonogram from the specialist.  I was then wheeled up to the specialist, in my hospital gown.  Wow.  Not cool.  Long story short, all was well.  My cervix actually has thickened to 20mm.  YES!  I came back down and had to be observed for 4 more hours.  I was starving.  It was actually quite embarrassing how hungry I was, and how active Sloane was.  See, you are hooked up to this monitor and it records the babies heartbeat and movement.  It is like a super strong microphone that goes on your stomach.  Anyway, when my stomach would growl, it would sound like thunder.  SO LOUD.  At one point, it growled 6 times in like 5 minutes.  During these 5 minutes Sloane started hiccuping.  We were loud, like I had to cover my ears.  While I was there, my phone was dying so I had to think of another way to keep me occupied.  What better way than to eavesdrop my triage neighbors...

So there was this girl there (remember, I can't see anything because I am behind a curtain).  She and either her bf or husband.  She claimed she was leaking fluid...maybe amniotic fluid or perhaps her water broke.  The nurse asked her what time this started and she said, around midnight.  The nurse asked her why she didnt come in immediately and she said "I don't know".  I can't blame her because my dumb ass didn't come in either.  Anyway, the nurse said they had to do an FFN test.  She explained to the girl, that this is a test that helps predict whether or not you will deliver in the next couple of weeks.  "It only works if nothing has entered the vagina in 24 hours, you haven't had intercourse correct?".  The girls says "um, yes we have".  The nurse says, "at what time".  The dude answers, "4am".  At this point in the conversation I smack my hand over my mouth because I am shocked!  This chick is supposed to be on bed and pelvic rest.  So then the nurse says "You did what?  So after  you think you have ruptured your amniotic sac, you have sex?!?!".  They both giggle.  The guy then says, "we were feeling it".  OMG.  I was dying.

Sherry picked me up at 3, and everything was fine.  Long. Ass. Day.  Here is my view from the hospital bed....please note how great my feet/ankles look since bed rest.

Let's hope I don't go back until I have this babe in December.  Fingers crossed.  
Until tomorrow....xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment