Saturday was a whirlwind. I mean, total cluster you know what. It started at 6:00am. Jon ran the Tour de Fleur 10k. We had to get up early so I could drop him off. Before you think "OMG what a biz for not going and supporting him at the finish line" hear me out. There was no parking inside the gates (it was at the Arboretum), you had to park off site and ride a shuttle. Sorry, I don't do shuttles. Actually, I don't really do any form of public transportation. It kind of grosses me out. I am a little weird like that though. Every time we go to the movies I strip down in the laundry room and drop everything in the washer immediately (super awkward when we have company), I always use the hand sanitizer on grocery carts, I would rather pee my pants than use a Port-a-potty, and I usually bring my own sheets and pillowcase to hotels. When we went to Disney World a few years ago (Jake's soccer team went to Nationals) I forgot to bring sheets. Luckily I brought a juicy suit. I slept in it every night, zipped up, with socks, and the hood. No lie. Needless to say, I am a freak, and I don't like shuttles. So that was not an option. I came back at 11:00 to pick him up. He ran with Diaz, Hutch, Ryan & Jerry. I will post a pic as soon as I find my camera cord. They all did the 20k...so proud.
When I came to get them they were all very chatty. Turns out there was free Blue Moon after the race. Score. When something is free, Jon partakes. He had three. I had none. I gave Jon a hard time about this. Sorry, I would love to be dicking around after a race and getting wasted...but I can't. I am carrying your child. Like, literally taking it everywhere with me, feeding it, sleeping with it, etc. I would like a break too!
Jon and I have a plan of action every Saturday. The night before we decide what we have to get done, and we do it. If we don't do this we end up wasting a day asking each other "what do you want to do today babe?"..."I don't care babe, what do you want to do?". Yes, we say babe that much. We have many times been compared to the A-holes on SNL. If you aren't familiar, hulu it. Not proud. So this Saturday we had to concentrate on Sloane. Her room was empty except for a crib. I want her room to totally rock. I am not into the "baby themed" nurseries. Ugh, I know, I know, a nursery is for a baby. But I just don't like "kiddie" things, and I despise a collaboration of primary colors or an explosion of pink. Sloane's room isn't completely designed, but I know I want it to be neutral and glam with a touch of eclectic mod. More Gossip Girl, less Seasame Street. I want it to be "cool" like her...and me? The crib situation was a mess so I was kind of dreading doing anything else. Basically, Pottery Barn shipped us two cribs and charged us for two cribs. Was that some sort of sick joke? Like, haha, you are having twins! Not cool PB, not cool. We were going to order our glider from PB too, but I didn't feel like getting two of them, and I don't want it to look like a page out of the PBkids catalog....total peeve of mine.
This Saturday was designated to finding a changing table. I found a mirrored chest at ZGallerie that I wanted to use. We were planning on getting it until Jon found the exact same chest at Weir's for like $100 less. (Such a lunch break bargain shopper) So, after the race we headed to Weir's to pick it up. While we were waiting on our chest to get wrapped up we stumbled upon a white rocker/glider. Now, Jon has made it very clear that we will only make two large purchases a month. This month was the crib and the changing table...the glider was not part of the equation. Lucky for me, Jon was drunk. Poor guy. His body was completely empty and totally dehydrated except for 3 blue moons. I had him sit in the chair and he loved it. Talking him in to getting it was a piece of cake. We had to pick up the chest at the location next to Galleria. This is their warehouse & outlet store. So, this chair was at the outlet, but it wasn't on sale. We had this great idea we would go to the Plano one and get it on sale....we're nutty.
We get to the Plano location. The Tech game is starting in an hour. We had to hurry. They had the chair, and it wasn't on sale but it was still $400 cheaper than the PB glider. As we are waiting on the salesman to get off the phone, I sit in another glider and tell Jon to handle it. Normally I tell Jon to "handle it" or "do the talking", but this never happens. I always talk to sales people. Unless we are on a mission. I typically like to find things myself so I say "oh, we are just browsing". Jon hates shopping so he always butts in and says "well, actually we are looking for...". Ugh, drives me bat shit crazy.
OK OK, so the guy gets off the phone and Jon asks him about the glider. He tells us he would have to sell us the one off the floor but it has a blue mark on its side. Jon immediately says "So, you can discount us for that then". OH MY GOSH. Jon is bargaining with the sales guy? My Jon?? The salesman says "We might be able to do that" without hesitation Jon quips "Yea, OK why don't you go ahead and check on that for me, Mike". Call me crazy but I think he winked at the guy too. I was dying and thanks to being pregnant I peed a little. I mean, I could NOT stop laughing. Jon Platt was being semi-forceful with a sales person and he was making two purchases in one day. It was such a turn on. Completely, amaze balls.
We got the chair and the chest and now Sloane's room is coming along. I still need to find a chandelier and some art. I will post pictures when it is all done.
Moral of the story....I should not have bitched at Jon for drinking after a race. He really did deserve it and I am proud of him, but most of all it worked totally in my favor. I am getting Jon drunk before our next shopping experience...we will definitely include a trip to Neimans.
Why buy from a locksmith?
9 years ago
My cousin uses the LV Neverfull and loves it!
ReplyDelete