I stayed up late last night. It was hard. Jon and I usually go to bed around 10:30. No, this is not because I am pregnant, this is because we party really hard on the weekends...ok I lie. Anyway, last night I wanted to try and order a few things on target.com. We watched our typ trashy shows...RHOBH, Bachelor Pad (omg poor Michael right??), I watched the Miss Universe pageant, and then Monday night football. Ok, so I was exhausted from the TV and could barely keep my eyes open, but at midnight I went online and nothing. Absolutely, nothing. I mean, really?
I slept terribly, which I have been lately because I can't get comfortable, and because I pee 3 times a night. I called my reinforcements on my way to Target #1...Jenn & Mom/Sherry--(more on them in the Key Players post). Jenn had no idea what was going on, so I had to fill her in. She lives the closest to me and Target #1 so I knew it would not take her long to get there. Mom was headed to the one at Firewheel (yes, Garland, get over it). We figured that was strategic because there aren't many fashionable people in Garland right? Ok so when I pull up to Target at 7:45am there is a line, not a long one, but still a line. Ugh. One of my favorite things to say is "I don't wait in lines"...kind of an annoying thing to say I guess, sue me. Well. I waited in line.
Jenn gets there minutes after me--sidenote: she is wearing a KKG shirt haha. We only have a few minutes to discuss a game plan.... I tell her to go strait to the bedding, I wanted a throw, bad. Then I tell her to grab whatever items she sees along the way and we will reconvene a compare. So, after a lady came and told us the "rules" (no biting, scratching, running, etc) we were off. There were people literally sprinting! It was hilarious.
My first stop was the scarves...I managed to get a couple silk ones and an umbrella...then to the baby clothes. Sloane got the CUTEST stuff....baby shoes, rainboots, onesie, blanket, leggings, cardis, the works. So excited! I like to hang out with people that dress good, my baby will be no exception. I skipped the clothes section, it was a mad house and honestly I am not too excited about people spotting me in "MISSONI for Target" clothes. Its like when "top" designers do lines for Payless. I mean, come on people, it is MISSONI, but it is still.at.target. (Sorry Sloane). Ok, so I met Jenn back at the makeup. I forgot to tell her to grab things that appeal to me and not her (she wasn't interested in anything for herself). Here are the contents of her cart:
- Several blue hand towels (Jenn loves any and all things blue)
- baby leggings size M (no top)
- 2 glass platters
- a makeup bag
In the mean time my mom called. It was "just her and two Saudi girls in Garland" as she said. Haha. She got the ballet flats, the poncho, infinity scarves, and the black and white rolly bag. I stopped at the Addison Target on the way to work (yes, I am completly bonkers and thank my lucky stars everyday that God gave me a normal husband that loves me alot) and got a few candles, pajama pants, among some other rando items that will probably get returned.
No throw, but I am very happy with my purchases and thankful for Jenn. I really appreciate her help. Not many friends would do the same for my crazy ass...
Next post...The Key Players: Character Synopsis.
No comments:
Post a Comment