Monday, September 19, 2011

Baby Checklist

So the bump is like the knot.  It is a website to help you plan and prep for baby.  I used it a lot when I first got pregnant to look up symptoms and "what to expect".  Usually this totally freaks you out because you read what other people are feeling and naturally compare.  Once I got further in to my pregnancy I logged in less.  One day someone was asking about diaper bags...like, "what diaper bag are you going to use/suggest?".  Since I already knew what I was going to use, I thought I would contribute.  I read some of the things people posted.  Several just said they were going to register for one at Babies R Us or Buy Buy Baby.  This one lady said a Jansport backpack works the best.  Someone else said to use one will rollers because they get heavy.  Are you kidding me?  Anyway, I put that I was getting the LV Neverfull.  No one commented.  No one.  That was the last day I posted anything, and the last day I read the bump. 

Until today.  I logged in and it says "Congratulations you have 94 days left!". Oh.My.Gravy.  That is not very long.  Where did the time go?  How am I on the brink of the third trimester?  I looked at the checklist to see what I am still needing to do before Sloane decides to grace us with her angelic presence...

Overdue Tasks: (things that I should have done last month)
  • Start interviewing Pediatricians
    • This we have kind of done. I am just going to use who my SIL, Lisa uses.  Her kids are healthy, happy, works for me...and on the doctors website his bio says he likes beer, total plus. 
  • Register for Baby Shower gifts
    • Shit...working on it!  I don't know what on the registry checklist is legit and what isn't.  Do I really need a wipe warmer?  Seems a little excessive don't you think?  This is where I really need to get my priorities in gear.  I am more concerned about getting a burberry blanket than pacifiers.  That needs to change.  Just not sure when?
  • Revisit Money & Legal Matters
    • HA, two words, Jon Platt.  This will fall in to his to do list.  It does tell me to make a will.  Unfortunately I don't have much to divy up except for a pretty great shoe and handbag collection. 
Tasks This Week (Week 27):
  • Create a birth plan
    • Yes! One thing I have done ahead of time...or so I thought.  It gives me a list of things to consider, such as the Iraq (haha, doesn't get old), if I would like to wear my contacts the entire time (uh, yes please), if I would like to spend the first stage of labor in the tub (um, excuse me?), if during delivery I would like to stand or be on my hands and knees (for real? Like doggy style?).  I won't even get in to a few of the other options.  Oh my gosh, it gets graphic.
  • Prepare a friends and family plan: who will join you in the delivery room.
    • Easy; Jon & my makeup artist.  OK fine, just Jon.  We don't need the whole motley crew.  My rule is, if you helped make the baby, you can stay. (For some people this might involve a third party, a camera man, or even a turkey baster).  I am still not sure how Jon will be during this process, he doesn't really do well with blood and he is super scared of me when I am in pain.  Yikes.  He has made it very clear that he will stay by my face, not the babies face.  I have read stories about how that totally ruins your after baby bedroom life.  TMI?
So I need to get on it I guess.  I have my glucose test on Friday to test for gestational diabetes.  My appointment isn't until 2:30 and I am supposed to "fast" before, only eating protein.  No carbs and no sugar.  If I make it, I will let you know how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment