Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Weekend Review.

So please forgive me for "slacking" on posting.  I have been busy!  OK--let's talk about the weekend.  Thursday night... (yes, Thursday is my weekend now, jeal?)

We had Emily's birthday dinner. I drove 4 of my bitchy friends because I am nice, and sober.  Why the expletive?  Let me explain...if you read my blog you know I am pregnant.  I like to consider myself a "cool" pregnant chick.  Meaning only that I don't mind if my friends drink around me (in moderation).  So I offered to drive.  We have dinner, everyone has many glasses of wine.  I have a non-alcoholic beer.  It was as good as it could possibly be.  I know, some people are psycho and say that non-alcoholic beer has a small percentage of alcohol and I shouldn't drink it and blah blah blah.  I don't drink it frequently.  Chill.the.eff.out.  I also had cold deli meat the other day. I had a weak moment, we had just left church, God was on my side, and I needed it.  Ok, back to my point.  My friends wanted yogurt afterwards.  Well.  I had my glucose tolerance test on Friday and I wasn't supposed to eat sweets the night before.  BUT, I drove them to TCBY and watched them all eat large yogurts.  I had two bites.  It was torture.  No booze, no sweets, no fun.

Friday morning...
Glucose testing hell.  I moped around all morning before my test.  When I got to the doctor's office (I mean, like I just signed in) my mom called me...

"Where are you?!? Are you ok?!?!" (in a very high pitched shrill)
"What?  Mom, what the hell are you talking about?"
"Your alarm company just called me!  Your alarm is going off!!!!" (still in shrill mode)
"Oh shit."

I forgot.  I turned the alarm on stay when I was home that morning.  Some creep rang the doorbell earlier and it freaked me out.  Well, I forgot to turn it off before I left, which means it went off.  They tried to call Jon but he was on a conference call and couldn't pick up (Geez, I hope he isn't on one of those when I go in to labor).  Everything was fine except for Sherry's blood pressure. 

Friday night...
We went with Tara and Brian to the Greek Food Festival. OPA!  My friend Karmyn from work is engaged to a very Greek guy (Alex Papavasiliou...yes, I copied the spelling from fb).  He performs customary Greek dances every year at this festival.  It is a really fun event, lots of food, music, wine & entertainment.  So we decided to go out and support.  Jon looks like he could be Greek so he had many admirers.  It was actually kind of awk.  So many girls were checking him out.  Like, to the point where he kept looking down at his fly to make sure his cows were not escaping.  We luckily made it there in time to see Constantine Maroulis perform. You know, the dude from Idol (not the Bachelor).  Jon and Brian were two bottles (of very vinegar-y wine) down when they came across the stud that is Constantine...I think Brian approached him and told him he was a huge fan and that he would love a picture.  Then, Jon creeped around the other side....Constantine--"Oh whoa, ok a dude picture, this could work"....and it did.
The night ended with me eating my weight (ok, Sloane's weight) in Chicken Souvlaki and Loukoumades.  What else was I supposed to do?  I can't drink wine remember!??!?!  And with Alex performing his famed "table dance".  This is where he places a table in his mouth and proceeds to dance...check.it.out. 


Saturday...
We woke up bright and early to check out the Wisteria warehouse sale.  We did not talk about this ahead of time but we came across a slight hiccup when we got there: 
  • Jon's intention = to buy nothing and browse aimlessly
  • Sara's intention = to buy everything and browse intensely
This posed to be somewhat of a problem.  There were some of the most amazing bargains I have ever encountered as an experienced shopper and Jon wanted to rob me of that tingly feeling I get after purchasing something on sale.  We really didn't have a "list" of things we needed.  But it wasn't long after we got there that I came up with one.  Example: there was a long mirrored coffee table..original price $749, sale price $25.  This.Is.Not.A.Joke. 
  • Jon's thought = Wow. Great deal for someone who needs a coffee table.
  • Sara's thought = Must. Buy.
Let me wrap this outing up for you in a nutshell....after heading to the car in a fury and a few tears (I can't help it!  I cry at everything, like even when I can't get my contact in) I returned inside to find Jon buying me all the items my heart desired.  He = my hero.  It ended in two trips because the mirrored coffee table broke into a million pieces, luckily they had one left that was intact. Phew.

That night we had chicken wings and good company for a terrible Tech game.  All that matters is that we won.  Therefore, Jon refrained from punching a wall,  getting too intoxicated and threatening to return everything he had just bought me. 

The upcoming weekend includes a trip to Fort Worth and the nuptials of our dear friends Ryan & Lindsay.  Can't wait!

Until tomorrow...hugs and hand shakes followed by hand sanitizer.
SLP

No comments:

Post a Comment