For those of you who don't know, I recently quit my job. I have been wanting to for a while, but I finally mustered up the courage. Now I am officially a stay at home mom. Sloane is really easy to watch at the moment. I am nervous about what it will be like when she is living outside of my body.
So, with my free time, I decided to go boot shopping with Sherry today. I love fall. It is my favorite season and the clothes that come with it are to die! My feet have grown so I must re-stock my closet with some fall kicks. Everyday is a struggle when it comes to finding something to wear. I am not the type of pregnant chick that wears tennis shoes and workout clothes (I don't do that when I am not pregnant) nor am I the type that wears very large "moo moos" (not Miu Miu, that, I would wear). So, leggings and maternity jeans is what I will live in this season, along with boots to cover my canks.
This morning I had small cankles so I decided to wear Tory Burch flats. Big. Mistake. My feet were shaped like ballet shoes by noon. I had to change in to another pair I had in my car; old Steve Madden (very flat) sandals. By the time I got to the mall my feet were buggin. The good news and the bad news was the same: my cankles were gone. Yep, that's right, gone. I no longer had a united/conjoined calf/ankle situation...I had something much, much worse...
PEDI-ELEPHANTIASIS
For some reason today my feet went buck. My calves are no longer affected. It is my ankle/foot/toes that have completely been diseased by elephantiasis. I actually wikipedia'd it...it says it mostly affects male genitals. Ew right? Although I could think of worse things to happen to those parts, like shrinkage or choppage (Lorena Bobbitt, duh)? Isn't every man's dream for enlargement? Whatever, that is beside the point.
So--this made for a VERY unsuccessful trip boot shopping. I was super embarrassed when the Indian man (who always helps me) at Dillard's brought me some boots to try on...it is at this moment where I discovered my condition. It was like putting a feather pillow in your jeans pocket. Not. Going. To. Happen. "I had to say OK, I will just get them". It was awk and I am not sure he knew I was pregnant.
We went to Nordstrom thinking they would have some boot that zipped entirely up the back. We found some. Luckily they were on the sale rack and I didn't have to ask for someone to get me a "size 8-1/2". Sick. I usually wear a 7-1/2 or 8, OK mostly 8. But, I am only 5'3" an 8-1/2 is like wearing short skis. They were brown leather over the knee Vera Wang boots. Super cute. But, they were size 9. Oh well, I thought, I will try them on and they will be roomy. Yea. Right. I had to hold on to my mom while I attempted to bend over (the bump situation itsn't helping the bending over situation). Well I got them on, but I didn't have enough strength to zip the suckers up. I stood up to catch my breath and a shoe salesman came over (I swear they are like commission vultures there). He said "Deciding?" with a huge gay smile. I shot him a look, and responded, "No. Sweating". He didn't laugh. A normal person would have 3rd party embarrasment, not Sherry...sipping her iced tea she says "So are you going to get them?". Pffffffff. We leave.
I did get a necklace at H&M (hint--if you pay upstairs you don't have to wait in line). It's cute and it will always fit...
Why buy from a locksmith?
9 years ago
Sara!! Welcome to the blogging world!! And congrats on your soon be exciting new job:) looking forward to seeing pics of your little girl!
ReplyDelete